The Bridgeview Public Works Department provides municipal services in several areas. They maintain our village streets, water and sewer systems, village vehicles and public buildings, and branch chipping. During warm weather, they also handle mosquito abatement duties.
Click Here to view the Public Works Department Photo Gallery
7500 S. Oketo Ave • Bridgeview, IL 60455 Customer
Before digging on your property, be sure to call JULIE at 811, to locate underground utilities and avoid serious problems or a disaster.
- Public Works Department operates their street cleaning equipment when weather permits.
- No trash containers are allowed in the streets at any time.
- Property owners should keep grass clippings and leaves from accumulating in the streets and along curbs.
- No parking is allowed on village streets when there is an accumulation of snow 1" or greater. The Public Works Department will dispatch their snow removal crew at this time.
- Residents should not deposit snow in the streets, as this creates a safety hazard for motorists and inhibits snow removal efforts.
Water and Sewer System
It is extremely important to keep our STORM SEWERS clean.
No one is to pour oil, nor any other materials down the sewer drains.
It is also important to keep leaves and grass clippings out of the sewers.
If you notice surface water flowing out of the street, sidewalk or ground, report the problem and location to
the Bridgeview Customer Service at 594-2525 or call 9-1-1 after office hours.
- Sump pumps are not to pump water directly into storm sewers.
- Sump pumps cannot be connected to sanitary sewers.
- Hoses connected to sump pumps are to be no longer than 10’ from the building.
Branch Chipper Service
Bridgeview Public Works offers a branch pick-up/chipping service free to village residents for branches longer than 4 ft. Put these branches with the cut side facing the street. Do NOT bundle them.
Weekly Chipper Schedule:
- Monday: Areas WEST of the train tracks
- Wednesday: Areas EAST of the train tracks and NORTH of 87th Street
- Friday: Areas EAST of the train tracks and SOUTH of 87th Street
If you have any additional questions, call Bridgeview Community Services at 708-594-2525
Copyright © 2010 Village of Bridgeview. All Rights Reserved.